IfcBlender is an addon for Blender to import IFC files (wikipedia). IFC is an open exchange format for building and construction data, that contains both geometry and semantic and topological information.
IfcBlender is based on IfcOpenShell, the free open source IFC implementation written in C++.
- Download the appropriate IfcBlender archive for your system
- Install the Blender add-on by clicking on File > User Preferences > Add-ons > Install from File... and by pointing Blender to the archive downloaded above
- Enable the Blender add-on by clicking on File > User Preferences > Add-ons > Import-Export > Import-Export: IfcBlender
- You can now import .ifc files by selecting Industry Foundation Classes (.ifc) from the File > Import menu
What's new in r33?
- The option to import the hierarchical structure (Project>Site>Storeys>Spaces>Elements) into Blender using parenting.
- Some metadata is stored in the custom properties fields.
- The option to choose to use either the entity's Name or the GlobalId for the Blender object name.
- The conversion progress is displayed using a progress bar in the console.
- Some minor bugfixes and improvements.
What's new in r37?
- Conversion logs are stored in Blender texts
- Bugfixes, bugfixes and bugfixes
What's new in r39?
- Now really with conversion logs
- Some more verbosity in the console window
- Fix for IFC files coming from AutoCAD Architecture
What's new in r42?
- Improved support of IfcMappedItems
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
What's new in r51?
- This is IfcOpenShell 0.3.0 Release Candidate 1
- Updated for Blender 2.60
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
What's new in r86?
- This is IfcOpenShell 0.3.0 Release Candidate 3
- Updated for Blender 2.62
- A whole lotta bugfixes
What's new in r162?
- This is IfcOpenShell version 0.3.0!
- Updated for Blender 2.65
- Allow opening of non-latin filenames on Windows
- Potentially faster processing of files that can not be parsed sequentially, i.e. that require many random access operations throughout the file
- Fixed a bug that caused IfcCircleHollowProfileDefs to be processed incorrectly
- More robust processing of IfcCompositeCurves if no plane angle unit is provided in the file
- More robust processing of IfcTrimmedCurves with tolerances on trimming by IfcCartesianPoint and, if possible, falling back to trimming by IfcParameterValue
What's new in r208?
- This is IfcOpenShell version 0.4.0-rc1!
- Updated for Blender 2.69
- Support for IfcSurfaceStyles (colours!)
PS: Sorry for my English.
Just an additional remark, feel free to drop by in our forums (https://sourceforge.net/projects/ifcopenshell/forums) and post bug reports (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=543113&atid=2204966) and feature requests (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=543113&atid=2204969) to help improve IfcOpenShell.
This works really well.
complex or large file size imports may be a little slow, be patient if needed.
you need to add a remove doubles function for import.
It would be nice if you put the files into a 'Package'
If you create a folder io_ifc, then make an __init__.py to initialize the script.
(you can look at existing io scripts to see how)
This makes the script more user friendly, easier to install & distribute.
It would be great if you could drop in to IRC freenode #blenderpython for a chat.
Tested as working in Blender 2.59.2 svn rev: 40335
Import was very slow & computor intensive on a 2.5meg file taking several minutes to import.
Log in to leave a comment.