I'm in the process of creating builds for the new YafaRay-E v1.1.0. From now on, thanks to the excellent work and help I received from Jens Verwiebe I hope I will be able to provide also Mac OS X builds for every release.
So, the first build I've generated for the new v1.1.0 is the Mac OS X version (64bit). This is supposed to work on MAC OSX v10.6 or higher. Due to very limited hardware I have access to, I could only do a few tests and it seems to be working ok, but please let me know if you have any issues with it.
Yafaray-E v1.1.0 (2015-11-06) for Blender 2.76:
- Changes to the Core code and build files to enable building for Mac OSX 64bit (v10.6 or higher), based on the excellent work from Jens Verwiebe. Thank you very much, Jens!!
- Added a new "Resampled Floor" parameter to the Adaptative AA calculations, to increase the noise reduction performance. The idea is that if the amount of resampled pixels go below that "floor" value during a certain pass, the AA threshold is automatically decreased in 10% for the next pass. More information: http://yafaray.org/node/690
- Blend materials can now be selected using drop down menus. This feature has been ported from povmaniaco's The Bounty fork of YafaRay. Thanks, povmaniaco!!
- Added a new texture sampling parameter in Blender Exporter to control the type of interpolation in the image texture. Options will be: bilinear (default), bicubic or none. See: http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5121
- Added a per-material parameter to control reception of shadows. Now it's possible to select if a material should receive shadows from other objects (as default) or not. See: http://yafaray.org/node/687
- Minor changes for existing material visibility feature to improve (just a tiny bit) performance.
Several users have reported that the material preview is not updating properly. I don't think this is a problem in the new YafaRay-E version, it looks like a problem we have with other versions as well. Not sure if this is a YafaRay problem or a Blender-API problem.
In any case, if you are using YafaRay-E v1.1.0, you can download this file:
And use it to replace the file in your current YafaRay-E v1.1.0:
Then restart Blender.
Please let me know if this solves the problem with the preview and/or if it causes any new problems or issues.
If all goes well for you, I will include this in the next YafaRay version.
Log in to leave a comment.